Lot's going on this week, so please read!
Volunteers needed ASAP!
With our season in full swing, we are in desperate need of volunteers to help with game day responsibilities ranging from running the concession stand to helping run the scoreboard, run our score book at the table, etc. If you are interested in volunteering:
Player Dues are PAST DUE!
If you have not paid your player dues, your son may not be able to play in the game tomorrow. If you have not paid, please do so by visiting http://www.mountainviewlacrosse.com/forms/ and following paying the dues there via our PayPal link. You do not need a PayPal account to pay the dues, just a valid credit/debit card. If you have any problems, please contact myself or Board President, Chuck Hurmence.
Practice Attendance Problems
Parents - we are having more difficulty than we should with having players consistently attend practice. We are having too many players miss practices for too many things unrelated to academic commitments and it must be resolved in order for the team to perform well. From now on, we are requiring A PARENT to email Coach Callaway at Justin_Callaway@gwinnett.k12.ga.us when their son will miss practice. Aside from academic responsibilities or being sick, players should be attending every practice. For our your son, and our program to continue to improve, I encourage all parents to help us enforce this and I that you do your best to schedule things concerning your son around practices the best they can to avoid having missed practices. Missing practices too often will have to result in reduced playing time.
MVAA Lacrosse Needs You!
We believe that our high school program (players and coaches alike) have a responsibility to give back to our community. As a player, you have the opportunity to give back by helping build our MVAA rec lacrosse program. By helping out, you:
Get to give back to the same community who helped develop you as a player when you were younger
- Get to volunteer doing something you love
- Get to help improve the younger players who will eventually feed into the same high school you attend – thus improving our own high school program
- Get desperately needed volunteer hours!
As a player volunteer, you will be assigned to one team/coach to help. Here is what is expected of you:
- Show up to their practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays (unless you have a high school game)
- You are not asked to run the practices. Instead, the coaches would like to use you to help demonstrate various stick skills, drills, etc to help enforce the concept the coach is teaching.
- Help correct younger players as they are working on the skill or drill.
Here are some more details:
- There are no Saturday game commitments
- The hours you spend can go towards community service hours – which look great on college applications!
- High School players in grades 9 and 10 will help the Bantam and Lightning teams – those practices run from 6:00 to 7:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- High School players in grades 11 and 12 will help the Junior and Senior teams – those practices run from 7:30 to 9:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- All practices are at Rabbit Hill Park, so you don’t even have to leave the field after your high school practice!
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Contact David McAusland, MVAA Lacrosse Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Game Schedules This Week!
The schedule is currently incorrect on our website, it will be fixed shortly!
Game Monday 2/13, Home, vs Fellowship Christian
- JV - can stay after school in Coach Callaway's room, or must return back to school at 3:30. Players needs to have a heavier snack before their game which starts at 5:00.
- Varsity - must return back to school by 5:00 and have had a heavy snack before then. Game starts at 7:00
Game Thursday 2/16, Home, vs Whitefield Academy
- NO JV PRACTICE, but we want them at the game to watch
Varsity - be at school at 4:00 and have had a heavy snack before. Game is at 5:30pm